God's World is our Sunday morning education hour, offered for all ages
at 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on most Sundays during the school year.
We offer a children's education in the form of God's World, a story-based program. Preschoolers through 5th graders experience the ancient stories
that give shape to faith, get to know each other, and practice what it means
to follow Jesus.
We provide childcare for babies and toddlers, and education for all ages from three through adults.
Click here to fill out a 2012-2013 Children and Youth Enrollment Form
Click here for the Photo Release Form
Fall Kick-Off 2010
Follow the directional signs to find your child's class:
Preschool - Kindergarten
|1st, 2nd, & 3rd Grade
|4th & 5th Grade
go to the top
Click here for the 2012-2013 God's World Schedule
Worship for Children at OSLC
We believe that corporate worship is an important part of children's faith development, and we encourage you to share worship with your children. Children of all ages are an important part of all of our services, and often assist in the service by presenting music, reading or serving Communion. We seek to make worship a meaningful time for all members of our community, including our children.
Why worship with your children?
- Children learn worship by worshiping with the congregation Sunday after Sunday
- Children learn they belong to God and are welcome in God's church
- They discover that they are valued as individuals by God and by God's people at church
- They build a fund of memorable, shared experiences of Christian community, from which they may draw when they are older
- They are enriched by the beauty of music and art as expressions of praise and as human response to God
- They hear stories from the Bible read and interpreted
- They begin to see Christian worship as one place where God may speak to them
Age appropriate experiences that help immerse kids into the life of faith. Each experience is integrated and celebrated within our shared worship life. For more information, contact the Children's Ministry Coordinator at email@example.com.
Currently, the milestones offered are:
- Early Preschool - My Church (an exploration of the church facility)
- Preschool/PreK - My Faith (TBA)
- Kindergarten - Worship (a guided introduction to the worship experience)
- 1st Grade - Prayer (an introduction to many different types of prayer)
- 2nd Grade - Communion (Communion instruction and service)
- 3rd Grade - Bible (an overview of the Bible, it's evolution, and how to use it)
- 4th Grade - Mission (a project where we care for others)
- 5th Grade - Remembering Baptism (a study of Baptism history)
Click here for the 2012-2013 Milestone Schedule
Prayer Milestone Service 2011
go to the top
Family Programs - Ongoing
Support Group for Parents of Young Children:
We meet each month to examine how we raise our children spiritually, and support our own spiritual growth in this chaotic time. Sometimes we learn together by reading and discussing, other times we just talk. All parents of young children are welcome. For more information, contact Pastor Holly McHale-Larsen.
Family Programs - Upcoming
All Church Retreat: November 2013
Our annual retreat event offers great surroundings, terrrific speakers, and time for old and new friends to connect.
All Hallows Eve Celebration: 10/28/12
Kids are invited to wear their costumes to church on Sunday, October 28th as we gather in the Lounge at
9:45 a.m. for crafts, games, prizes and refreshments. Each service will have a special children's
time that helps to explain where all this dressing up and running around comes from.
Advent Festival: 12/2/12
Come and celebrate the first Sunday in Advent on December 2nd at 9:45 a.m. in the Lounge and start getting ready for Christmas!
- Crafts and decorations
- Decorate Christmas Cookies
- Enjoy a Light Brunch
- Listen to Great Music
- Drop off your Christmas Gifts for our Adopt-a-Family program
Advent Festival 2010
Christmas Eve Family Service: 12/24/12
Gather around bon fires in the courtyard on December 24th at 4:30 p.m. and enjoy hot chocolate, egg nog and festive Christmas music. Then at 5:00 p.m. enter the sanctuary as we celebrate the birth of Jesus as the coming of the Christ for our time.
Family Trip to Rancho Santa Marta: February 2014
Presidents' Day Weekend 2014, a group of families ventures to Rancho Santa Marta in order to spend a few days working to improve the facilities at this school in Mexico. Details on next trip will be available in the Fall 2013.
Easter Egg Hunt: 3/31/13
We offer three Easter services. Meet us in the courtyard at 10:30 a.m. for our annual Easter Egg Hunt. Young children through 5th grade.
Mother's Day Celebration: 5/12/13
Spend some time with us this Sunday at 9:45 a.m. in the Lounge celebrating the moms in your life.
- Signing Milestone Posts - children sign their name on the Milestone Post corresponding with their latest completed milestone
- Learn more about our milestone program
- Enjoy a Light Brunch
Art Projects 2010
Also, watch for other church-wide events on our front page and elsewhere- all of our events and programs are designed to be inclusive of families, either by inviting children to participate, or by providing childcare.
go to the top